PDA

View Full Version : Skin Bumps - Under her coat - Help

Swordafish
06-11-2011, 03:25 AM
My Bella has started having little bumps under her fur. When you look at her coat, every so often there is a little bump. Any idea what they are? I was thinking they may be pimples but they are not red when the fur is pushed back. They are not hard but a bit soft but can be felt when you pet her. Not a lot but a few here and there.

What is it?

TopDog
06-12-2011, 04:07 PM
Probably a reaction to fly, flea, etc...... bites. Especially if they come and go in no random order.

Tegan
06-12-2011, 09:15 PM
My boerboel gets big bumps from mosquito bites. They dissapear overnight and then when he is back outside the next day the mosquitos attack and he gets bumps again.

hamitup52
06-19-2012, 04:54 PM
I have an 8 month female pup. She has little bumps up under the skin. I took her to the vet Saturday and she was given antibiotic and she need to be bathe every week for the next two weeks. They don't know what is causing the bumps yet. They want to clear up the infection first, from her scratching. We hope it's not a food allergy. She is on Blue - grain free. I just hope the meds clear up the infection and the bumps go away.

Thomas
06-20-2012, 10:11 AM
Check with your vet for proper dosage, but if it is a reaction to bug bites, the proper dosage of benadryl should stop/reduce your dogs reaction to it.

hamitup52
06-22-2012, 06:16 PM
I have put a few pictures of Diamond that show the bumps under her skin. The pictures are underr her album. If anyone has seen this before please let me know. I'm still waiting on the vet see if they know.

J762
07-04-2012, 09:49 AM
Tula occasionally gets bumps under her skin as well. I have traced it to ant and Mosquito bites. They go away on her after a little bit and all is fine.
If she has a bunch of them at once we give her 1 Benadryl and she's fine.

The bumps do go away right? They aren't always there?

I hope you get it figured out soon, itching dogs are so sad.

hamitup52
07-10-2012, 04:51 PM
Yes they do go away. Sometimes its only a few and other times it more than I like to see. I can feel when they scab over from her scratching. Right now she has a few. I would love to see her with none at all. The Benadryl that you use is it vet prescribed? The antibiotic did help some. We have to go back to the vet again so he can determine what's causing them. I don't believe he really knows. I am going to take her to another vet to see what they say.

J762
07-11-2012, 05:33 PM
It's just the regular OTC Benadryl you and I would take. My vets have told me to use it before on other dogs for allergy issues.

I don't give her one if it's just a couple bites, but if she gets really eaten up and is noticeably itchy I give her one. Same goes when she gets a rash from sliding around on the grass at the dog park. Something in it there and at the local park turns her whole belly red with tons of little bumps. Benadryl makes them go away and she's happy afterwards.

As far as dosage goes my vet always told me to give our pugs 1 pill whenever it was needed for either allergies, bites, or wasp/bee stings. So far I've only given Tula 1 at a time and they have worked fine for her.

TopDog
07-11-2012, 06:14 PM
A horse friend of mine uses a spray called Pirana( yellow bottle) on his horses. It is a bug repellent and coat shine. I use it on my dogs weekly. Spray it on a cloth then rub them down. No bug issues. Don't know if the bumps are bug related or not but we don't have bug issues or bumps. I don't use it on any pups.

alpha mama
07-11-2012, 07:44 PM
Hi everyone,

I used a product called cedarcide the other night on myself and my horses. The bugs just disappeared; never seen anything like it. cedarcide.com

Best,
amy